Got a messy chewing gum stuck to your carpet? Please understand that it won’t be easy to get rid of it. But we can help you solve the problem in two ways – either dissolve it or freeze it. Let’s see how to do it:
Chewing Gum Removal From Carpets
- Put on gloves and apply either Eucalyptus oil or Muscle oil to a clean piece of cloth (preferably white).
- Use this cloth to rub the area where chewing gum is stuck. The oil needs to go into the carpet fibers loosening up the oil.
- Then scrape away the softened chewing gum with a knife or a spoon.
- Remember to clean the knife/spoon every time you scrape to avoid further damage to the carpet.
- After removing excess gum, use a dishwashing liquid along with water to clean the carpet. Make sure to clean the oil from the carpet.
- Take some ice cubes in a zip lock bag. Keep this bag on the stuck chewing gum and leave for at least 5 minutes. This hardens the gum and makes it convenient to remove it.
- Remove the ice bag and scrape the hardened gum with a knife or spoon.
- Take a clean white cloth and put spot and stain remover on it. Use this cloth to sponge area where chewing gum is stuck.
- Keep blotting the area till you see no gum at all.
Chewing Gum Removal From Carpets Melbourne
Using Other Solvents Like Citrus Based Degreaser or Mineral Spirit
- Test the solvent by using it on the corner to decide that it is not staining the carpet. Apply the solvent on the carpet with the help of dry cloth on the spot of gum.
- Give enough time to the solvent to get the gum to loosen from the surface and then slightly remove the gum with the help of the butter ensuring that no fibre get scratched.
- Clean the spot with the help of cleaning agent solution to see the spot completely free of the stain of the gum.
If this does not work or you face any problems, call our Squeaky Clean Carpet experts to do the job!