Got a messy chewing gum stuck to your carpet? Please understand that it won’t be easy to get rid of it. But we can help you solve the problem in two ways – either dissolve it or freeze it. Let’s see how to do it:
- Put on gloves and apply either Eucalyptus oil or Muscle oil to a clean piece of cloth (preferably white).
- Use this cloth to rub the area where chewing gum is stuck. The oil needs to go into the carpet fibers loosening up the oil.
- Then scrape away the softened chewing gum with a knife or a spoon.
- Remember to clean the knife/spoon every time you scrape to avoid further damage to the carpet.
- After removing excess gum, use a dishwashing liquid along with water to clean the carpet. Make sure to clean the oil from the carpet.
- Take some ice cubes in a zip lock bag. Keep this bag on the stuck chewing gum and leave for at least 5 minutes. This hardens the gum and makes it convenient to remove it.
- Remove the ice bag and scrape the hardened gum with a knife or spoon.
- Take a clean white cloth and put spot and stain remover on it. Use this cloth to sponge area where chewing gum is stuck.
- Keep blotting the area till you see no gum at all.
If this does not work or you face any problems, call our experts to do the job!