What is the Best Choice of Carpet for Kid’s Room
Looking for a cute, elegant, and easy to maintain carpet for your kid’s room? Let us help you choose the best one for your little prince and princess. Here are certain factors that need to be taken into consideration before you make your decision:
- Nylon: Nylon is a great carpet fiber option for kid’s room. It looks awesome and has a long lasting life. However, nylon carpet usually fades away near windows and become stained easily as they grow old.
- Wool: Wool carpet is hard wearing and is a great insulator. However, it is known for triggering asthmatic problems and is most difficult to clean.
- Triexta: Triexta is a solution-dyed polyester. Carpets made out of this fiber are too soft and last long. These are stain and UV resistant too. However, new Triexta carpets feel a bit oily when they are new. UV- and stain-resistant.
- Polypropylene: Carpets made of polypropylene are bleach and stain resistant. On the contrary, they attract oil and after usage over several years you might find it difficult to clean them. Also they are rough and thus not suitable for kid’s room.
We suggest you to go for Triexta carpets as they are the best combination required for kid’s room. You can find them at a very affordable price.
- Cut Pile: For kid’s room these are perfect because carpets with cut pile are way too comfortable to sit on. Your kids won’t get hurt playing on these carpets. But keep in mind that over a period of time these carpets will show pile reversal or tracking.
- Loop Pile: Carpets with loop pile are rough/harder but these do not suffer from pile reversal or tracking. It is so hard that it can hurt your kids can get hurt while playing. Moreover pets can easily pull up the loops with their claws leaving the carpet look ragged.
Carpets are an expensive investment. You might change the colour of your wall much easily as compared to the colour of your carpet. So you need to be very patient in choosing the best one for kid’s room. We recommend choosing a neutral colour like charcoal, grey, or light brown that go almost with all kinds of furniture and do not show signs of dirt easily.
Take your time and choose from a variety of options to make sure you pick the best carpet for your kid’s room. On average you won’t need to change the carpet for next 15 years, so please be very cautious in spending wisely!